Roleplaying, Uhg

So, if you've read before, I've been trying to get my roleplaying group back together to finish the campaign that I started years ago. Part of the problem was mine and finding the time to write so we could get together. The other problem, and one that I rarely bring up, was the problem of getting all the players to agree to a time.

Our group is pretty big, 7 in all, 6 player and me as DM. In the past, when the campaign started out it was a fairly easy thing to get everyone to agree to the next session. But now it's been a few years and it's nearly impossible. It's not that a majority can't agree, it just always ends up being one or two of the players that can't fond the ability to commit to a date and time. This has meant that even though I've said okay well the rest of us will play on that date and you can come if you want, the other players have ended up say no... we want the whole group together. Okay, that's fine, but then don't come to me asking when we are going to roleplay, I've made the effort.

Now I know that as a DM I need to be fixable. I know that I'm there for the fun of the players, but I'm also there because I love doing it. But I'm not having any fun by not running a game because of one or two people. With that said I've made a decision on doing one of two things:
1: I start a new campaign and not ask the problem player/s to join. I have plenty of ideas, and I know everyone else will play.
2: I start up the old campaign and not tell the problem player/s that I am. Set up a time with the reliable people and get on with it.
In both of these options I pretty much have to cut the problem out. The later of the two may prove to be difficult give the communication that some of the players have. Even the prior may have the same problem.

Either way I need to do something. I want to play. My players want to play. And I can't let the whole deal get bogged down by one or two people. The dice must roll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Religious States

Philosophical Assumptions & Comment

Racism, Sexism, and Critical Theory