Last Semester & Philosophy Future

As the last semester of university comes to an end I have been wondering what I will do with my philosophical readings and writings. I realize that I don't want to give up on my writings. And while I have found some outlet for those writings, the kind of peer review that you get in an university setting will no longer be within arms reach. With this revelation in mind I have been trying to think of a way that I can keep that kind of interaction alive. I have no idea if there is a philosophy group in my area, and surely I will be going out to look for one, but I still feel like the is something more that I could be doing.
So with that In mind I think that I may, or at least try, to form a philosophy group myself. The premise of this group will simply be to have a venue for people to talk, get there ideas out, and generally be able to have a community that they can be a part of that is focused around that philosophical part of themselves that is otherwise looked at strangely by others.
Now what all will go into this idea of mine I am not yet wholly sure of. I now I would like there to be meetings, may some kind of news letter that members of the group can write pieces for. It is in this later area that I think having a web based later may be nice.
All of this is going to be for the future, but I think it's a fun idea and I believe that it is something that I need to try and put together. So look here in the coming months for more details. Hopefully there will be many.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Religious States

Philosophical Assumptions & Comment

Racism, Sexism, and Critical Theory